The North American Book Awards accepts submissions for traditionally published, partner-published, and independently published books and ebooks.
Awards are based on Gold, Silver, and Bronze standards similar to rating systems for the well recognized Nautilus and Nonfiction Author Book Awards.
Each Gold Medal, Silver Medal, and Bronze Medal finalist will receive a medal commemorating the Award. More than one Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal may be awarded in each genre. Awards are based on excellence in the work rather than competing against other books in the category as it is our belief that a book of the highest standard should not be knocked out of Award contention because the book might be competing with a Pulitzer or Whiting award winner or New York Times Best Seller.
Books are eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Print book in English; ebooks are only accepted in ebook-specific categories.
- Publication date between 2017 and 2022 (previous five years of the contest calendar year).
- Published version is preferred; Advanced Reader Copies accepted if publication date is within 120 days.
- High-quality writing and design.
- Book message is appropriate to category selected.
- The title has not won a previous North American Book Award in that specific category.
The entry fee per title for the first category is $125 and an additional $95 for additional categories. There is no limit to the number of categories entered. Titles may only be re-entered if the book includes:
a) Cover upgrades or book revisions
b) An entity change such as ISBN number or publisher change