How to Enter
The North American Book Awards accepts submissions for traditionally published, partner published, and independently published books. To enter your book for award consideration, please complete the following steps:
1. Review the Entry Guidelines as your submission indicates you agree to the Entry Guideline terms.
2. Submit payment via credit card if you haven’t already ($125 for the first category, $95 for each additional category. Note: a maximum of three entries/titles may be submitted, although there is no maximum number of categories in which a title may be entered). Or you may opt to mail a check with your books to the address noted below:
North American Book Awards
839 E Winding Creek, 2nd Floor
Eagle, ID 83616
3. Complete the registration form online.
4. Submit the following via email:
- Book cover image file (jpg or pdf format)
5. Mail three physical copies of your book to: North American Book Awards, 839 E Winding Creek, 2nd Floor, Eagle, ID 83616.
A NABA representative will contact you within 10 business days to confirm receipt of your application. If you do not receive confirmation of receipt of your application, please email NABA at email@example.com to verify your application has been received. Award status will be announced yearly and will be dependent on the date NABA has received your application, book cover image, and books for review.
Entry Guideline Terms
Thank you very much for participating in the North American Book Awards.
Books are eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Print book in English; ebooks are only accepted in ebook-specific categories.
- Publication date between 2017 and 2022 (previous five years of the contest calendar year).
- Published version is preferred; Advanced Reader Copies accepted if publication date is within 120 days.
- High-quality writing and design.
- Book message is appropriate to category selected.
- The title has not won a previous North American Book Award in that specific category.
The entry fee per title for the first category is $125 and an additional $95 for additional categories. There is no limit to the number of categories entered. Titles may only be re-entered if the book includes:
a) Cover upgrades or book revisions
b) An entity change such as ISBN number or publisher change